Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Defining Ethics

After searching for the code of ethics for my field I came upon some very beneficial information. The code of ethics for my field is pretty much common sense related issues. The article I read listed many things that are in the conduct for a personal trainer. Here are a few:

1. Be professional- maintain a professional attitude and relationship with your client. It is okay to be friends with your client but you should never treat a client with disrespect or rude behavior. In the end it will only be effecting you.
2. Client Interest- always make sure to put your client's interest your first priority. They are paying you money and you want them to see the best results possible, so keep that in mind.
3. Education- make sure to keep updated in the most recent forms and practices of fitness. Not everything works for some people, so knowing and researching about new fitness techniques could not only benefit your clients, but it could also benefit you in the future. Also make sure to update your training certifications and or first aid certifications. The more well rounded and knowledgeable you are, the more companies will want to hire you.
4.Respect Peers- this is a given with any job. Respect anyone and everyone. Everyone has a different story, so don't judge what you don't know.
 ** So, after reading through this I realized that most of all of these were based upon common sense. I learned to be mature at a young age. I also learned to respect my elders and peers around me from my parents. Most of these conducts relate to my morals. 
**After reading these, I realized that I am so prepared for my career ahead of me. I am taking a first aid class right now which will help prepare me when I need to get certified. I am taking a writing class that will help when creating my resumes for dance and work and not to mention I am taking a research/lecture class that will force me to look outside of the box and actually use my brain.  

"Codes Of Ethics In Exercise And Fitness." Livestrong.com. Demand Media, Inc.2012.Web.2 Oct.2012.

1 comment:

  1. I 100% agree with your blog on ethics. You have to be respectful, positive, and motivated but also keep up with all the new exercises and routines so you are more well-rounded. I actually wanted to become a personal trainer but I might just do it as a second job. I will see since I haven't decided yet. Overall, this blog was right to the point, interesting with a lot of useful info. I enjoy reading your blogs more over than any others. Keep up the good work, I will continue to comment!

    ReplyDelete